Pro Dance Class
Van Huynh Company presents an Open Professional Class every Tuesday 9:00 – 10:30am at Centre 151. Class will be led by Dam Van Huynh / Guest teachers rotating on a regular basis. Check our previous Guest Teachers here.
- Tuesday 9:00-10:30
- Price: £6
- Attendance – First come, first served.
Nuno Campos 25 April & 2 May 2017
Jorge Crecis 9 & 16 May 2017
- NUNO CAMPOS – 25 April & 2 May
- Nuno was born in Lisbon, Portugal where he started dancing.
- He trained at London Studio Centre where he graduated with distinction in Contemporary dance in 2000. He has received several awards, scholarships in contemporary dance and has worked with choreographers such as Darshan Singh Buller and Rafael Bonachela. Nuno had his most accomplished work with Henri Oguike Dance Company as a dancer and Rehearsal Director of the company. Currently in charge of the contemporary programme for the English National Ballet School, he has had a great platform to develop his movement theories. Nuno leads a fast paced class that combines different styles whilst bringing a sense of body in space together with levels and dynamics. Nuno uses his knowledge of the body from his work in both Dance, Pilates and Antigravity Fitness, challenging the dancer’s body and its senses bringing a more rounded perception of performance within the class situation.
- JORGE CRECIS – 9 & 16 May
- Jorge holds a degree in Sport Sciences and studied contemporary dance at the Royal Conservatory of Madrid. As a professional dancer he worked with different companies throughout Europe.
Between 2008 and 2012 he combined his position as a full-time lecturer at London Contemporary Dance School (The Place) and guest teacher at institutions such as Beijing Dance Academy (China), Conservatorio Superior de Madrid (Spain) and Roger Williams University (USA). Jorge also lead professional and company classes regularly for companies such as Akram Khan Company, DV8, Punchdrunk, Rambert, etc.
His lifetime artistic ethos is summarized in the mantra:
- Experiences might finish in the blink of an eye; nothing changes in the world but something changes in those who undergo the experience. So, in the end, something might have changed after all.
- Following this motto, in 2012, he funded SQx (somoSQuien eXperience); based upon Jorge’s synthesis of sport and dance movement patterns, SQx’s team lead workshops of this cutting-edge and intense performance training methodology, allowing professionals and youth participants to enhance their stage presence and performative skills. SQx’s projects have been supported by ACE, British Council, Canada arts council, the Office for Cultural and Scientific Affairs of the Embassy of Spain in the United Kingdom and the Spanish Ministry of Culture.